I'm 26 going on 13 with a slight Tom Hiddleston obsession. Whoops. Not.Even.Sorry. I DO WHAT I WANT!!!
- Asian American male: Oh, you're Japanese?
- Me: Yes
- AAM: But you don't look it, are you sure?
- Me: That's because I'm also black, and I'm quite sure of it.
- AAM: Well, can you speak Japanese?
- Me: I was born and raised in Japan for 12 years, so yes. You're Chinese American, but can't speak Chinese right?
- AAM: Yeah, well at least I LOOK it.
- When I was an undergrad, waiting for class to start. Made me frustrated that I'm forced to prove myself and show my credentials as a transnational mixed individual. I am fed up with the negative portrayal of "blackness."